1. Release on medical furlough anyone with physical conditions making them vulnerable to death by COVID until such time as authorities deem the threat from the virus is over. Illinois abolished the death penalty: no one should be given a death sentence by Covid-19.
2. Restore the 180 days earned discretionary credits of Good Time where eligible.
3. Release anyone over 55 with less than a year on their sentence.
4. Release anyone within three months of their sentence completion.
5. All releases should have the least restrictive conditions possible, so as to allow those released to be able to seek medical attention and contribute to family finances.
6. Provide testing for all prisoners who want to be tested, and regularly test all staff. Combine this with robust contact tracing, when anyone tests positive. Make the test results public, including number of tests, number of positive/negative/pending, and deaths.
7. Stop quarantining sick people in solitary confinement cells, and house them in a setting such as the health care unit where they can be observed and receive any needed medical treatment on a timely basis.
8. Close down prisons, like Vienna, that can no longer be run as a safe institution.